Hi everybody, in this time I'd like to mention that we're needing a logo for this wiki -with transparent background- any user is free to make it and I am willing to give him/her admin rights on this wiki :-)Read more >
With the news of Age of Empires II HD release, there was also revealed that Forgotten Empires will be also released in HD but nothing is sure yet.
Do you want Forgotten Empires to be released in HD? Share opinions.Read more >
On May 10, 2013 a new patch was released featuring:
- 60 FPS (Frames per second) in Single Player (AoC has only 20 FPS).
- Maximum Age option (from Dark to Imp, from Feudal to Imp, from Dark to Castle, etc.).
- Huns get stone walls back.
- Hunting dogs removed.
- Slinger reduced attack against siege units (bug).
- Elite Plumed Archer range restored (to 5).
- Indians Villager bonus: 5% 10% 15% 20% (from Dark to Imp).
- Eagle Warrior upgrade cost reduced to 300 food, 200 gold.
- Inca buildings cost -15% stone.
- Tlatoani (Obsidian Arrows) and Inquisition fixed.
- Different graphics for Eagle Scout, Eagle Warrior and Elite Eagle Warrior.
- New graphics for Magyar Huszar.
- Loads of AI fixes.
- Various bugfixes.
- Villagers not listed in the tech tree.
- Bombard towers crossed out in the tech tree until they’re researched.
- Crashing problems in certain circumstances.
- Boyars (non elite) should have -1 pierce armor.
- (Elite) Elephant archers -1 pierce armor.
- Boyars upgrade cost not mentioned in tech tree.
- Version number properly shown in the lobby.
The 1st Patch of AoFE is coming to late January and will adjust and revise:
- Black Forest: Pond distribution, rougher distribution, bringing in the bubbles back
- Highland: sometimes has no shallows.
- Regicide mode doesn’t work on Golden Pit, Hideout, Hill Fort and Steppe.
- Horde AI updated
- Old AI included as an optional choice
- Inca voices cleaned up
The 1st Patch of AoFE is coming to late January and will make some balance changes in:
- Elephant archers (both Castle unit and their Imperial upgrade).
- Indian early game.
- Incas receive banking.
- Elite Boyars 14 base attack instead of 16 (this was meant to be that way).
The 1st Patch of AoFE is coming to late January and will fix the following bugs:
- Stone Gates not affected by Inca -20% bonus
- Sultans makes villagers +110% faster instead of +10%
- Double hunting dogs for Mongols (2nd one slows villagers down again)
- “Turn Statistics off” is shown instead of the upgrade costs for Genoese crossbowman and Elephant archer
- AI bugs and superfluous chatting from certain AIs
- Palisade gate in tech tree
- Stable is still shown in Inca tech tree
- Stone wall is still shown in Hunnic tech tree.
- Hotkey for palisade gate
- Faster startup times due to automatic portforwarding
- Volume issues (volume will be linked to system volume again, only affects Win XP and earlier)
- Inca voices either too loud or inaudible.
- Indian move/attack voices mixed …
- The message ”Please copy the installation files to your Age of Empires II folder” is shown:
- Copy the files into your Age of Empires II folder, the installer checks if the subfolder /age2_x1/ contains age2_x1.exe (The Conquerors)
- Colors look bad on Windows 7/8:
- Run Fix.exe in your /age2_x1 subfolder. (This is a silent fix, no window will open.)
- When opening the game in single player, it asks me for a CD:
- Run SETUPREG.exe in your Age of Empires II folder. If you can’t find it, you can download it here.
- Nothing happens when opening age2_x2.exe:
- Check if your Age of Empires II folder contains a file “empires2.exe”, if not, rename your Age of Kings exe to “empires2.exe”.
- My screen turns black when launching age2_x2.exe
- Go to the /age2_x1 subfolder and re…
Follow the next steps:
- Make sure you have Age of Empires II: The Conquerors installed.
- Download the installer on the web page.
- Unzip the contents of the folder into your Age of Empires II Installation folder (usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\). Also just unzip the file “as is”, no need to move files around.
- Open the "AoFE_Launcher"
- Select your language.
- Click Install.
- Start playing.
If you have downloaded the game itself then:
- Unzip the contents of the folder into your Age of Empires II Installation folder.
- Double click on "Fix" green icon.
- Start playing.
It was announced that the expansion will be released in late December, between the 23 and the 28.
The 22- 23 will be the Tournament Weekend, and the 29 - 30 is the Post-realease weekend.Read more >