Hi everybody, in this time I'd like to mention that we're needing a logo for this wiki -with transparent background- any user is free to make it and I am willing to give him/her admin rights on this wiki :-)Read more >
With the news of Age of Empires II HD release, there was also revealed that Forgotten Empires will be also released in HD but nothing is sure yet.
Do you want Forgotten Empires to be released in HD? Share opinions.Read more >
On May 10, 2013 a new patch was released featuring:
- 60 FPS (Frames per second) in Single Player (AoC has only 20 FPS).
- Maximum Age option (from Dark to Imp, from Feudal to Imp, from Dark to Castle, etc.).
- Huns get stone walls back.
- Hunting dogs removed.
- Slinger reduced attack against siege units (bug).
- Elite Plumed Archer range restored (to 5).
- Indians Villager bonus: 5% 10% 15% 20% (from Dark to Imp).
- Eagle Warrior upgrade cost reduced to 300 food, 200 gold.
- Inca buildings cost -15% stone.
- Tlatoani (Obsidian Arrows) and Inquisition fixed.
- Different graphics for Eagle Scout, Eagle Warrior and Elite Eagle Warrior.
- New graphics for Magyar Huszar.
- Loads of AI fixes.
- Various bugfixes.
- Villagers not listed in the tech tree.
- Bombard towers crossed out in the tech tree until they’re researched.
- Crashing problems in certain circumstances.
- Boyars (non elite) should have -1 pierce armor.
- (Elite) Elephant archers -1 pierce armor.
- Boyars upgrade cost not mentioned in tech tree.
- Version number properly shown in the lobby.
The 1st Patch of AoFE is coming to late January and will adjust and revise:
- Black Forest: Pond distribution, rougher distribution, bringing in the bubbles back
- Highland: sometimes has no shallows.
- Regicide mode doesn’t work on Golden Pit, Hideout, Hill Fort and Steppe.
- Horde AI updated
- Old AI included as an optional choice
- Inca voices cleaned up