- The message ”Please copy the installation files to your Age of Empires II folder” is shown:
- Copy the files into your Age of Empires II folder, the installer checks if the subfolder /age2_x1/ contains age2_x1.exe (The Conquerors)
- Colors look bad on Windows 7/8:
- Run Fix.exe in your /age2_x1 subfolder. (This is a silent fix, no window will open.)
- When opening the game in single player, it asks me for a CD:
- Run SETUPREG.exe in your Age of Empires II folder. If you can’t find it, you can download it here.
- Nothing happens when opening age2_x2.exe:
- Check if your Age of Empires II folder contains a file “empires2.exe”, if not, rename your Age of Kings exe to “empires2.exe”.
- My screen turns black when launching age2_x2.exe
- Go to the /age2_x1 subfolder and rename “Xwndmode.dll” to “wndmode.dll”
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.